Another month has come and gone. I am so shocked with how fast the year has been coming and going. Soon I will be telling you about the next theme for 2020.
Movement I have been making some positive movement with life. I continue to exercise. This has helped me with my weight management and with my mental health. I had a meeting with my new Vocational Rehabilitation caseworker and business coach. We are going through step four of my business plan. I was nervous about the outcome of the meeting. I am happy to report that I was able to get a lot of questions answered about my business plan. I am waiting to hear about my technology needs. I have plans to share a special YouTube video on an update on how my meeting went.
Patience has really been tested this month. I have been having some anxiety about the changes with my caseworker. Two of my past caseworkers were not very helpful. Now that I have talked to my new caseworker, I have learned that she wants to help me when it comes to reaching my career goals. I have to remind myself that it takes time to reach your career goals.
Positivity has been pretty good for me this month. My editor and I have made even more progress on my book. I know that I keep saying I want to have it published by a certain date that has already come and gone. I just need to get this book right before everyone sees it. I have to keep reminding myself that the more positive thoughts and feelings that I feel the more positive things will happen to me.
What has been going on with your lives? Has anything positive been going on? Tell me in the comments below.
As I sit here, I must admit I feel lost for words. This past month has come and gone with a blink of an eye.
Movement, to be honest, I feel I am lacking. My weight loss journey has gone to a stop. I have been feeling slow and tired. One of the phrases that keeps coming to my mind is, life is about movement and enjoyment, not fear and anxiety. I have been letting my anxiety get the best of me, and I know this is not a good thing. I have been taking some self-care steps, such as reading, talking to friends, and getting extra sleep, to manage my anxiety.
For those of you that have been asking about my book, please have patience. It is in the hands of my editor. Once it is edited, it must go through another check by my caseworker before it is published.
Patience has been a hard thing for me to grasp. Have any of you felt stuck in life? I have been feeling that way. I really want to get to my next phase of life. Once again, my friends and family reminded me to “keep going until God moves you.”
I have a lot to tell you when it comes to positivity. For those of you who don’t know I have been working with Vocational Rehabilitation to help me get my business off the ground. I had a meeting with my caseworker, and he is happy with my progress. I hope to be graduate from Vocational Rehabilitation in the near future.
I was made top fan of the week for one of my favorite charities. This made me very happy.
Lastly, I was nominated for the Liebster Award.
I have a lot of fun things planned for the month of September. How was this month for you guys? Let me know in the comments below.
I was excited to receive a box of Canada treats to try. Thank you, Aunt Wendy, for the treats. 😊
The first candy I tried was a Big Foot Gros Pieds. The texture remined me of the fruit rollup snacks we have in America. I liked the fruit flavors of Banana, grape, and apple. I enjoyed this treat a lot.
The next treat I tried were chocolate covered almonds. I love chocolate and almonds. The candy was very sweet and it tingled even after I finished the sample. I liked the crunch from the almond. I am sure I will finish the box very quickly.
Sugar Shack Maple Candy Pastilles were next. I honestly feel that if I sucked on the candy longer, I could have enjoyed it more. However, I did not care for it right off hand. To me it was too sweet.
The next treat I tried was a hard candy that was in the shape of a maple leaf. Even though the candy shape looked unique, I did not care for the strong maple flavor.
The last treat I tried was a Canada milk chocolate bar. I loved the markings on the bar because it remined me of tree bark. I liked how sweet the bar was. It really was delicious.
Tell me what country I should try next by leaving me a comment below!
The past two months have really flown by and I have met some milestones that go along with my theme for this year. As with my last 2019-more movement patience and positivity post, I am going to break down my reflections into categories.
Movement: Even though I have not lost as much weight as I want to, I am doing the very best I can by trying to continue to exercise by walking. I have also finished my Independent living classes at school. I have more confidence when it comes to cooking and being able to use my cane more effectively. I am continuing my education by taking online courses through Hadley and I have finished my first course called, Self Employment with a Minimal Investment. I am now onto another course which will help me reach my goal of self-employment.
Patience: I still have to work on reaching this value of patience. However, I have learned that being able to reach your goals does take time, patience and positivity.
Last but not least is positivity: I am learning each day how to be more positive and happy. Learning this last skill is not easy but I am getting there. One example of this is learning to be positive that I will get out of poverty. With the help and support of my grandpa, who I took out for lunch this past Monday to celebrate 14 years of living together, I know that I will meet my goal.
If you have a theme for this year how have things been going for you? Let me know in the comments below.
I have exciting news to share! I have been nominated by my friend Carol who runs The Invisible Vision Project, for the Flawesome Award. Be sure to check out Carol’s work because she is an amazing writer.
This award is to share with others that we all have weaknesses and then share how we can improve our weaknesses and turn them into strengths to become a better person. As always, there are rules with the award:
- Link back to the original creator of the Flawesome Award: Sophia Ismaa
- Recognize the person who nominated you: Carol
- Display the award
- List three flaws and turn them into strengths
- Nominate 10 people
Here are three flaws that I have:
- I get to angry to fast
I get quite angry very quickly over little things. I can turn this into a strength and become a better person by slowing down my anger and thinking about the problem and how to solve it.
- I have Dyslexia
This means that I struggle with writing and reading at times. I can turn this into a strength and become a better person by using my technology and becoming a better writer by working on my writing and reading.
- I worry too much!
This is one big problem that I have that affects myself and my family. I have been in therapy before and it has helped some, but it is up to me to continue to work on this weakness. I can turn this into a strength and become a better person by using the techniques that I was taught in therapy.
I would now like to nominate 10 people for this award:
- Glen (Well_Eye_Never)
- Luke Sam Sowden (LukeSamSowden)
- Holly (LifeofaBlindGirl)
- Rebbecca Writes (BeckieWrites)
- Hannah (Hannah19168315)
- Chelsey (viblind)
- Stephanae (BoldBlindBeauty)
- Ourblindlife (ourblindlife)
- Krist M (EnglishWithK)
- Charlotte & GD Layla (blindseyeview)
There you have it, the Flawesome award! Thank you again, Carol for nominating me! 😊
Hi Blog world,
I have some exciting news to share! I was nominated by Glen (Well_eye_never) for this award. I am honored to be nominated. So thank you Glen for the nomination.
Apart of this award is to answer the 11 questions that the blogger that nominated you asked. Here are Glen’s questions:
- What is your favorite food? I enjoy chicken and cheeseburgers with fries.
- If you could set a world record for something, what would you want it to be? For helping the most people with Nystagmus.
- What is your favorite sport? Soccer!
- If you could invite 3 celebrities over for a dinner party, who would it be and why? Edddie Redmayne, because I would love to hear more about his role as Stephen Hawking, Felicity Jones, because I think she would be cool to hang around with, and last but not least, Molly Burke because she’s amazing about how she doesn’t let her blindness stop her from living out her dreams.
- Who would play you in a film of your life? That is a hard question, and to be honest I don’t have an answer-let me think about it and I’ll get back to you on that.
- Do you cook/bake? I sometimes do both. The last thing I cooked was a hamburger and the last think I baked was cookies.
- What is your favorite book? Oh, you just had to ask that question? It’s so hard to choose, I would say Jane Hawking’s Travelling to infinity my life with Stephen because I was able to connect with the book in a lot of ways.
- What is your favorite season of the year? I love fall because the weather is much cooler.
- What advice would you give to a new bloggers? To keep writing. Don’t stop even if you’re not sure what your niche.
- What’s the strangest thing that’s happened to you this year? To be honest, so far noting strange has happened to me.
- Are there any quotes or mottos that you live by? I really don’t, however one of my favorite Bible verses is: ” For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength-New living Translation, Philippians 4:13
Here are my eleven nominations:
- Jessica Woods Life’s Journey
- Nicholasteele98 Nicholassteele’s blog
- Wibbly Wobbly Eyes WibblyWobblyeeyes
- Tamara Price Tamara’s blog
- Ali Leonard My Purse is my shield
- Jess Beyond the Blonde
- Scott Rabine Jr. Thoughts Redeemed
- Nikki The family of five
- Glen Well Eye Never
- Karan Brown
- Wade Mann Eazycheeze
Here are my 11 questions:
- Do you own a pet?
- Last place you traveled?
- What is your favorite book?
- What is your favorite thing to do to relax?
- What is your favorite hobby?
- If you could travel anywhere where would you travel to and why?
- What has been the happiest moment of the year so far?
- Favorite holiday?
- What was your major in college/University?
- Favorite color?
- Are you a morning or night person?
I hope you enjoyed this post.
Hi Blog world,
Another month has come and gone, and I can’t help but be thankful of all the amazing things that have happened. At the beginning of the month, I was able to FaceTime with my friend, Becca, for a few minutes. It was nice to catch up on how we were doing.
On top of that, my best friend and I went to see the movie, “A dog’s purpose,” it was a nice movie; and I recommend that if you’re a dog lover that you go see the movie.
During the Easter holiday Jessica came over to spend the weekend. We played cards, read a book for our book club, and just enjoyed each other’s company.
Towards the end of the month I had lunch with an acquaintance, it was nice to catch up with her and to have a tasty lunch.
The last thing that made April great was doing our Flower Day 2017.
I already have some things planned for May. It’s going to be a busy month!