The past two months have really flown by and I have met some milestones that go along with my theme for this year. As with my last 2019-more movement patience and positivity post, I am going to break down my reflections into categories.
Movement: Even though I have not lost as much weight as I want to, I am doing the very best I can by trying to continue to exercise by walking. I have also finished my Independent living classes at school. I have more confidence when it comes to cooking and being able to use my cane more effectively. I am continuing my education by taking online courses through Hadley and I have finished my first course called, Self Employment with a Minimal Investment. I am now onto another course which will help me reach my goal of self-employment.
Patience: I still have to work on reaching this value of patience. However, I have learned that being able to reach your goals does take time, patience and positivity.
Last but not least is positivity: I am learning each day how to be more positive and happy. Learning this last skill is not easy but I am getting there. One example of this is learning to be positive that I will get out of poverty. With the help and support of my grandpa, who I took out for lunch this past Monday to celebrate 14 years of living together, I know that I will meet my goal.
If you have a theme for this year how have things been going for you? Let me know in the comments below.
I have exciting news to share! I have been nominated by my friend Carol who runs The Invisible Vision Project, for the Flawesome Award. Be sure to check out Carol’s work because she is an amazing writer.
This award is to share with others that we all have weaknesses and then share how we can improve our weaknesses and turn them into strengths to become a better person. As always, there are rules with the award:
- Link back to the original creator of the Flawesome Award: Sophia Ismaa
- Recognize the person who nominated you: Carol
- Display the award
- List three flaws and turn them into strengths
- Nominate 10 people
Here are three flaws that I have:
- I get to angry to fast
I get quite angry very quickly over little things. I can turn this into a strength and become a better person by slowing down my anger and thinking about the problem and how to solve it.
- I have Dyslexia
This means that I struggle with writing and reading at times. I can turn this into a strength and become a better person by using my technology and becoming a better writer by working on my writing and reading.
- I worry too much!
This is one big problem that I have that affects myself and my family. I have been in therapy before and it has helped some, but it is up to me to continue to work on this weakness. I can turn this into a strength and become a better person by using the techniques that I was taught in therapy.
I would now like to nominate 10 people for this award:
- Glen (Well_Eye_Never)
- Luke Sam Sowden (LukeSamSowden)
- Holly (LifeofaBlindGirl)
- Rebbecca Writes (BeckieWrites)
- Hannah (Hannah19168315)
- Chelsey (viblind)
- Stephanae (BoldBlindBeauty)
- Ourblindlife (ourblindlife)
- Krist M (EnglishWithK)
- Charlotte & GD Layla (blindseyeview)
There you have it, the Flawesome award! Thank you again, Carol for nominating me! 😊
Hi Blog world,
I have some exciting news to share! I was nominated by Glen (Well_eye_never) for this award. I am honored to be nominated. So thank you Glen for the nomination.
Apart of this award is to answer the 11 questions that the blogger that nominated you asked. Here are Glen’s questions:
- What is your favorite food? I enjoy chicken and cheeseburgers with fries.
- If you could set a world record for something, what would you want it to be? For helping the most people with Nystagmus.
- What is your favorite sport? Soccer!
- If you could invite 3 celebrities over for a dinner party, who would it be and why? Edddie Redmayne, because I would love to hear more about his role as Stephen Hawking, Felicity Jones, because I think she would be cool to hang around with, and last but not least, Molly Burke because she’s amazing about how she doesn’t let her blindness stop her from living out her dreams.
- Who would play you in a film of your life? That is a hard question, and to be honest I don’t have an answer-let me think about it and I’ll get back to you on that.
- Do you cook/bake? I sometimes do both. The last thing I cooked was a hamburger and the last think I baked was cookies.
- What is your favorite book? Oh, you just had to ask that question? It’s so hard to choose, I would say Jane Hawking’s Travelling to infinity my life with Stephen because I was able to connect with the book in a lot of ways.
- What is your favorite season of the year? I love fall because the weather is much cooler.
- What advice would you give to a new bloggers? To keep writing. Don’t stop even if you’re not sure what your niche.
- What’s the strangest thing that’s happened to you this year? To be honest, so far noting strange has happened to me.
- Are there any quotes or mottos that you live by? I really don’t, however one of my favorite Bible verses is: ” For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength-New living Translation, Philippians 4:13
Here are my eleven nominations:
- Jessica Woods Life’s Journey
- Nicholasteele98 Nicholassteele’s blog
- Wibbly Wobbly Eyes WibblyWobblyeeyes
- Tamara Price Tamara’s blog
- Ali Leonard My Purse is my shield
- Jess Beyond the Blonde
- Scott Rabine Jr. Thoughts Redeemed
- Nikki The family of five
- Glen Well Eye Never
- Karan Brown
- Wade Mann Eazycheeze
Here are my 11 questions:
- Do you own a pet?
- Last place you traveled?
- What is your favorite book?
- What is your favorite thing to do to relax?
- What is your favorite hobby?
- If you could travel anywhere where would you travel to and why?
- What has been the happiest moment of the year so far?
- Favorite holiday?
- What was your major in college/University?
- Favorite color?
- Are you a morning or night person?
I hope you enjoyed this post.
Hi Blog world,
Another month has come and gone, and I can’t help but be thankful of all the amazing things that have happened. At the beginning of the month, I was able to FaceTime with my friend, Becca, for a few minutes. It was nice to catch up on how we were doing.
On top of that, my best friend and I went to see the movie, “A dog’s purpose,” it was a nice movie; and I recommend that if you’re a dog lover that you go see the movie.
During the Easter holiday Jessica came over to spend the weekend. We played cards, read a book for our book club, and just enjoyed each other’s company.
Towards the end of the month I had lunch with an acquaintance, it was nice to catch up with her and to have a tasty lunch.
The last thing that made April great was doing our Flower Day 2017.
I already have some things planned for May. It’s going to be a busy month!
Hi Blog world,
I can’t believe that this month has already come and gone. Lots of good things have been happening, first, I got a new computer with all new software. I’m excited to say that with this new technology I’ll be able to blog more! I’m even more excited to tell you guys that I’m going to start using my YouTube channel more! I can’t wait to show you guys what is going to be coming your way.
In normal everyday news, my internship and job search has been keeping me busy.
I can’t wait to see what March brings.
Hi Blog world,
I have been thinking about my Alma Mater, and about what classes and class activities I enjoyed. One of the classes that I enjoyed was a basic class on Public Relations. It was a fun class, and one of the main reasons I enjoyed the class is because we talked about current events and what our opinions were about the topic that we were discussing.
I am planning on doing that very same thing, here on my blog. I want to give you guys, my readers, a chance to voice what you want me to write about, so from time to time, I am planning on putting up a poll so you guys can vote on a topic.
I hope we all can discuss a variety of topics, and that we can learn something from what we are going to be discussing in the future.