My friend, Cassie from the YouTube channel On The Friz did this tag. She told everyone who has not done the tag to do it so here it goes. In this tag you are supposed to give it a scale from 1-10. 1 being agree 5 being neutral and 10 disagree and then elaborate your answers.
- Being blind has enhanced my other senses 1- I agree because on harder vision days I find my senses of hearing and touch are more sensitive.
2. I prefer to date fellow blind people: 5- I have not dated much, and I wouldn’t mind if it went either way.
3. I am less shallow about romantic partners: 10- I disagree. Because I think its about how a person treats you.
4. Unsolicited help makes things harder: 1- I agree. I once was doing an O and M lesson, and someone offered to help me cross the street. If I had taken the help, I would not have learned how to cross the busy streets in Pensacola. The city I live in is easily accessible for me: 10- I Disagree. The bus that can come and pick me up is late 99.9 percent of the time and I am to far away to take the city bus.
5. I am offended when blind is used as one of my descriptive characteristics: 5- For me it depends on the context and, I prefer the term visually impaired instead of blind because I am not blind.
6. Being blind has affected my mental health: 1- I agree on this statement because I have a lot of anxiety. I think part of this is because I have a hard time seeing things.
7. I have experienced discrimination: 1- I agree because I have not been able to find a traditional job due to not having a driver’s license. However, this has given me the opportunity to start my own business.
8. If I could regain my sight with a cure, I would want to: 5- I am neutral on this one. That is because I believe that having Nystagmus has made me a stronger person, but on the days that are hard on my eyes I wish there was a cure.
I hope you all enjoyed this tag. I am now tagging:
Glen from Well Eye Never
Chelsey Zumpano from VIBlindResources