Chris is a friend of mine who has helped me get ideas for my own business. Be sure to check him out on social media, and if you want to start your own business and are stuck be sure to contact him. 🙂
- What is your name)? My name is Christopher Catt aka Enabled Entrepreneur from the UK.
2.Age? 54 years old.
3. Who has inspired you the most in life? To be quite honest, very few people inspire me. But I have certainly learned some lessons from a few people who I respect enormously. Amongst People with a Disability, I would have to say a good friend of mine, Yasmin Sheikh. I met Yasmin through Andy Harrington’s Professional Speakers Academy here in the UK.
4.Who has inspired you for your blog or YouTube channel? James Nicholson.
5. Besides writing or making YouTube videos what do you like to do in your spare time? I have got back into getting myself fit and healthier. I used to go to the gym several times a week when I was in my 20s, but this dropped off the radar when I took up Scuba Diving, Mountain Biking and got married and had a young family. I am a massive motorbike fan. My family are well known in the Guinness Book of Records.
6. Name a bad habit that you have? I tend to overcomplicate things at times and this can lead to procrastination. Another thing is that I struggle to come to terms with having Severe Sight Loss.
7. Name your best quality? I like to learn from my mistakes, which are many. But I always ask, how could I either not do that again or use it to create an opportunity. One of my greatest qualities is TRUST and INTEGRITY.
8. If you could interview anyone living or dead who would it be and why? I would love to interview Stephen Hawking.
9. What is your college major/minor? Upper Second with Hons in Politics at the University of Plymouth.
10. Why did you choose the title of your blog or YouTube Channel? I didn’t. It was my customers who call me “Enabled Entrepreneur”.
11. When and why did you start your blog or YouTube channel? I started my Blog about 5 years ago. My reason for starting it was that I want to see People with Disabilities being able to escape the BARRIERS that their impairment causes and can find solutions to achieve FREEDOM, CLARITY and being part of a COMMUNITY.
12. Where do you see yourself in five years? I see myself as a world-renowned thought leader who has created a community of People with Disabilities called Enabled Life. This will include those who seek work and want to set-up in business.
13. What is the name/cause of your visual impairment (or other disabilities that you may have)? I have ROP, Retinopathy of the Prematurity. As its name suggests, I was born premature at 26 weeks (3-months early). I see myself as fortunate in that I do have some useful eyesight in one eye.
14. How does your visual impairment (or other disabilities that you may have) effect you on a daily basis? I don’t let it affect me, that’s the person I am. If I want something and I am determined, I will succeed.
15. What do other people feel about your visual impairment (or other disability that you may have)? I don’t know to be honest and I am not bothered. If they have issues with it, it is their hang-up not mine to worry about. If they have issues it says more about them having a problem than me.
16. If you had to give one piece of advice to others about having a visual impairment (or other disability that you may have What would that be? First you must believe in yourself and your ability before you can expect anyone else to believe in you.
17. Where can other people find you on social media? (Please list and provide the links.) Facebook, The Life Coach Station the Enabled Entrepreneur