Today’s guest post is from Ailsa.
Ailsa has her own blog and she is active on her social media websites. Be sure to check out her blog and her social media 🙂 Thank you, Ailsa for being a guest.
- What is your name? Ailsa
- Who has inspired you the most in life and your blogging? My friends and other bloggers.
- Besides writing, what do you like to do in your spare time? I like to listen to music and play games.
- Name a bad habit that you have? Biting my lip.
- If you could interview anyone living or dead who would it be and why? I would interview Olly Murs because I have a slight crush on him.
- What is your college major/Minor? I went to St Vincent College in Gosport,
- What school (college or university) did you go to? I went to Portchester Community School.
- What is the title of your blog? My blog is called Brains on Wheels
- When and why did you start your blog? I started blogging in February, 2016 because I wanted to have something to do besides going to college.
- Where do you see yourself in five years? In five years’ time, I would like to be living in my own place.
- What is the name/cause of your visual impairment (or other disability that you may have)? I have Cerebral Palsy (also referred to as CP). When I was born, I didn’t breathe. I was stillborn, but I was resuscitated, it took the doctors about twenty minutes to resuscitate me. As a result of me not breathing, in that period when my brain didn’t get the oxygen I needed, brain damage occurred. I was on a ventilator for two days; the ventilator took breaths for me by pumping oxygen around my body and into my brain. There were about three stillborn on that day, and I was the only one that survived. The doctors turned my life support down, so they could find out whether I would breathe on my own, and I did. I came off the ventilator on my sister’s birthday, which was a wonderful birthday present for her.
- How does your visual impairment (or other disability that you may have) effect you on a daily basis? I need support with almost everything; self-care, eating, drinking, dressing, ect.
- What do other people feel about your visual impairment (or other disability that you may have)? I don’t know, but I would like to think that it doesn’t bother them.
- If you had to give one piece of advice to others about having a visual impairment (or other disability that you may have) what would it be? Don’t give up, you’ll get there. Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
- Where can other people find you on Social media (Please list and provide links) Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/BlogbyAilsa and – https://www.facebook.com/ourlifecp Twitter – https://twitter.com/AilsaSpeak, https://twitter.com/BlogbyAilsa and https://twitter.com/ourlifecp
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/ailsa.k.speak
Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.co.uk/4il5a
If you would like to be a interviewed as a guest on my blog feel free to email me at: email@example.com