Hi Everyone, this month I got the pleasure of interviewing my friend Luke. Luke has his own blog. He is an amazing blogger. Please be sure to check out his blog and other social media links. Many thanks to Luke for featuring me on his website.
- What is your name?
I’m 28, although I feel much older.
- Who has inspired you the most in life and blogging?
I would probably have to say my Mum. She always supports me whatever I do, but my biggest blogging inspirations would have to be Mikhela and Caroline Hirons.
- Besides writing, what do you like to do in your spare time?
I really like to read, mainly Autobiographies, and also love to watch as much TV as I can.
- Name a bad habit that you have?
I occasionally pick my Nails, but I can often go months without doing it.
- Name your best quality?
I would probably have to say my willingness to help anyone.
- If you could interview anyone living or dead who would it be and why?
I would have to say either Joan Rivers or Sarah Millican, as I think that they would have some great stories about their lives and the people that they’ve worked with to tell.
- What is your college major/Minor?
I don’t have one.
- What school (college or university) did you go to?
Queensbury School in Bradford. It was a decent School at the time but it’s gone very downhill since I left and at one point ended up in special measures, which is kind of OFSTED’s, the governing body of Schools, naughty step.
- What is the title of your blog?
Luke Sam Sowden.
- When and why did you start your blog?
I started on the 1st of October 2014, and I started because it took quite a lot of work. to film, edit and promote the YouTube videos that I was uploading at the time.
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
Hopefully still writing my Blog but to a bigger audience, and maybe even the owner of some kind of small business.
- What is the name/cause of your visual impairment (or other disability that you may have)?
I have Retinitis Pigmentosa, which is a hereditary Eye condition, which unfortunately means that I have Tunnel Vision, which is more like looking through a Funnel rather than a Tunnel, Night Vision, which means that I can’t see at Night and floaters, which are like little pieces of White Fluff that float around my Eyes every so often.
- How does your visual impairment or other disability that you may have effect you on a daily basis?
My visual impairment makes it difficult to read text like my mail and misjudge where things are.
- What do other people feel about your visual impairment (or other disability that you may have)?
Most of the people including my Family and Friends, are perfectly fine with my condition as they know that I can’t change anything about it, but there are some people that aren’t and somehow take the fact that I can’t see properly as an insult towards them but I don’t give them a second thought.
- If you had to give one piece of advice to others about having a visual impairment (or other disability that you may have) what would it be?
Just that the best thing is to get on with your life and don’t take any notice of what other people might think.
Where can other people find you on Social media (Please list and provide links)
My Blog |http://www.lukesamsowden.com
Twitter | https://www.twitter.com/lukesamsowden
If you are a disability writer, blogger, or YouTuber and would like to be a guest on my blog feel free to contact me by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org