Hi Everyone, this month I got the pleasure of interviewing Jade. She has a Twitter, Facebook, and blog. Many thanks to Jade for allowing me to interview her and for allowing her to interview me in return. Do not forget to check out her social media and her blog. 🙂
- What is your name? My name is Jade, though I prefer Jaidie as I believe it best suits me. I’m called other things apart from jade far too often
- Age? I’m 24 years old.
- Who has inspired you the most in life and your blogging? There are many people who have inspired me in life and blogging. I met a man named Dale who has been an inspiration to me for many years. My grandmother is also an inspiration to me and someone that I have looked up to for most of my life. In terms of blogging, I look up to many of my fellow blind or vision impaired bloggers out there.
- Besides writing, what do you like to do in your spare time? I love reading. Reading is something that I have loved for many years. I have memories as a little girl of being told to put down the braille book long after lights out and my brothers have gone to sleep. I also have a passion for slow cooking. In fact, I’m planning a curried sausage dish as I write this post.
- Name a bad habit that you have? I stress. Far too often and I also don’t believe in myself as often as I should.
- Name your best quality? This is something I struggle with. Physically, I think it’s my hair. In other aspects though, definitely my writing.
- If you could interview anyone living or dead who would it be and why? This is a tough one. I’d love to interview some of the authors of my favorite books.
- What is your college major/Minor? I haven’t actually completed my course due to taking a mental health break, though I will eventually complete my grade 12 certificate before I find something else to study.
- What school (college or university) did you go to? I am completing my course through Tafe Queensland.
- What is the title of your blog? The title of my blog is Jaidie’s Words.
- When and why did you start your blog? I started my blog in 2017 as a hobby. I would love to turn it into a means of earning a little bit of money though to fuel other project ideas.
- Where do you see yourself in five years? I struggle with this one. I hope to be living happily with my partner, continuing to blog and surrounded by animals.
- What is the name/cause of your visual impairment (or other disability that you may have)? My condition is called optic nerve hypoplasia. It’s basically an under-developed optic nerve.
- How does your visual impairment (or other disability that you may have) effect you on a daily basis? I don’t let it. If there is something that I want to do I find a way to do it.
- What do other people feel about your visual impairment (or other disability that you may have)? I’m often asked how I do what I do. People don’t believe that blind people can do all they do, and I make it my challenge to change those thoughts.
- If you had to give one piece of advice to others about having a visual impairment (or other disability that you may have) what would it be? Live life to the fullest. Don’t let others put up barriers in front of you. Make life what you want it to be, even if it means adapting what you want to do so that you can enjoy it.
Where can other people find you on Social media (Please list and provide links)
I can be found on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/writingjaidie
My Facebook page is: https://www.facebook.com/jaidiesblog
And of course, my blog link is: www.thejaidie.me